Trucks, Inc. News and Blog
Terre Haute's Only Pickup, Van and SUV Parts Blog
QUICK TIPS ON PURCHASING USED TRUCK PARTS—JANUARY 21, 2014
In this tough economic climate it is always tempting to ignore that strange noise that your truck is making. Does it need expensive truck parts that are either hard to find or expensive? This is not always the case. While buying parts can be expensive, there are many instances in which you should use a used part or recycled part.
Before buying used parts for your truck, van or SUV, here are some simple tips to follow:
- Know the part you need: There is nothing worse than ordering in a part and it doesn't fit. Take the truck part with you to the store. In some instances, it may need to be special ordered.
- Don't be afraid to look like a novice: Those who buy and sell used parts deal with beginners everyday. Don't be afraid to ask questions about the truck part you are ordering.
- Only buy used parts from a licensed dealer with experience; make sure parts are properly dismantled to ensure the part isn't damaged.
- Ask about the warranty or return policy in case the part doesn't work out.
- If you are installing the part yourself, look online for OEM installation guides, or ask the truck parts dealer if they have any tips or recommended local installers.